The Service Advisor assists the Service Director and other department personnel by processing work associated with insurance accounts. This would include data entry, policy rating, populate spreadsheets with plan details, renewal preparation and other tasks as assigned.
- Base rate to be determined upon experience
- 401(k) with employer contribution after a 1 year service requirement
- Competitive benefits package including; group health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Enter accurate client information into agency management system
- Process applications, request identification cards, assist with claims
- Prepare documents and enrollment packets for delivery to insured
- Correspond with carriers and clients.
- Assist in preparing proposals for new and renewal business.
- Participate in required continuing professional development.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal health information
- Serve as back-up for other jobs as necessary
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One year of customer service and/or insurance related experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, the candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The position requires someone who is a team player, self-motivated and dependable. The candidate should project a positive attitude, be eager to learn and possess excellent time management skills.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to sit for a period of time, operate computer keyboard, phone system and copiers. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.