To protect your business, it is important to have proper commercial auto insurance. There are a number of different options to consider, like whether fleet insurance or per vehicle policies are the best solution for your situation. Logan Lavelle Hunt specializes in insurance and risk management for businesses, and we are here to guide you through the available options.
What is Commercial Use?
Your personal auto insurance will not cover commercial use of your vehicle. That is why it is important to discuss your needs with us, so that in case of an accident there is no chance of being uninsured.
The Following Can Help Lower the Cost of Business Auto Insurance:
- Anti-theft and safety devices – alarms, GPS tracking and air bags lower premiums. Programs that require seat belt usage can also reduce costs.
- Deductibles – deductibles represent the portion of risk you absorb before insurance pays on a claim. Higher deductibles mean lower premiums.
- Driver records – hiring qualified drivers with safe driving records can significantly reduce premiums.
- Location – determines premiums for the theft portion of your insurance coverage.
- Vehicles – having 5-star safety rated vehicles can reduce premiums significantly.
Certain types of businesses are subject to federal and state regulations in the operation of their vehicles. It is important to understand those regulations. We will help ensure you are in compliance. If your company uses vehicles owned by third parties, such as leased or rented vehicles for instance, you will need non-owned vehicle coverage. We will ensure you have appropriate type and level of coverage for your business.